Search engine optimization is an evolving science to improve your page rank. It is a process of increasing the visibility of website in a web search engine organically.
WHAT IS SEO?
SE0 refers as ‘Search Engine optimization’, it is the process of getting traffic at worldwide level through organic, natural, and free search results on search engine. Basically, SEO increases the quality and quantity of traffic to your website. It helps search engine like Google to understand the user’s intention while searching. Means SEO increase the visibility of your website in all search engines. By doing SEO of your website you can grow your business wide.
What are the types of SEO?
There are two types of Search Engine Optimization-
- On- page optimization
- Off- page optimization
On-Page Optimization- On-page optimization is the direct optimization of a company website. It includes giving appropriate meta t6ags, keyword density, meta description, page title, URL structure, Image optimization, H1- H6 tags. By optimizing all these factors you can improve your search ranking results.
So, let us know what exactly are these factors.
- Meta Tags- Meta tags are one of the important element in SEO. These are hidden i the source code. Basically, meta tags use for the purpose of SERP (search engine result page). Google read meta tags to get simple and brief idea of what your site is about and what are the keywords.
- Keyword Density- Keyword density is the percentage of keywords appears on a web page to the total number of keywords on a web page. This is used to check the relevancy of content to the keyword.
- Meta Description- Meta description tag is used to check the summary of a web page content. Search engine show in search results when the meta description phase appears in the description.
- URL Structure- The structure of the URL of your web page should be good. It helps in the process of indexing.
- H1-H6 Tags- Heading tags are used in the creation of headings. The most important heading tag is H1. Basically it helps to get the little idea about your content. And all headings are used to describe the information of any web page shortly.
- Image Optimization- Image optimization helps to know what the image is about.
Off- Page Optimization- This is another important factor for SEO. This is taken outside the source code of website like link building. The purpose of Off- Page SEO is the promotion of a website. And this is used to enhance website ranking in SERP. The link building can be done through various activities-
- Blog Submission
- Social Networking Sites
- Guest Posting
- Blog Commenting
- Article Submission
- PPT Submission
- Directory Submission
- Social Bookmarking
- Link Building
- Image and Video Submission
- Press Release
- Business Listings
Now, SEO also contains three techniques- Black Hat, White Hat, and Grey technique. Let’s read about the techniques.
Black Hat– There are some rules and regulations of Google. If anyone did not follow the rules then Google penalize the user’s website may be for some time or the long time. This includes Cloaked pages and Keyword Stuffing. Black Hat techniques are unethical methods disapproved by search engines.
White Hat– This technique is included in good ethical methods and these are approved by the search engine to improve the ranking of a website. This includes improvement in content, meta tags, and web design.
Grey Technique– This technique is neither black hat or white hat. This technique do not follow black hat SEO and may be combine both. This technique is a transformation of black to white or white to black.